When you sit and complain, you are not going to get the results you want.
I see all these posts on tumblr like “I quit and I could’ve done so well if I didn’t” or “I didn’t compete until I was __ years old and now I’ll never be good”blah blah blah
I didn’t start competing until I was eleven. I’ve made it into prelim and gone to two Oireachtas already, and I’m going for solos in November.
There are plenty of dancers who come out of absolute NOWHERE and get into opens and place at majors.
Anyone can say they could have been a world champion. If you want to succeed, you need to work. Not just sit around and pity yourself because you quit when you were younger or you started competing late or whatever.
IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO START AGAIN. don’t give up. If you want to be a champion, you need to practice like a champion.
You can have results or you can have excuses. Not both.
- myirishdancejourney reblogged this from oireachtas
- oireachtas reblogged this from ashleyirishdances and added:
- ashleyirishdances reblogged this from footperfect and added:
- petticoatswish likes this
- dancing-allnight-long likes this
- seattle-to-dublin likes this
- theorangerogue likes this
- theorangerogue reblogged this from footperfect
- deannakennedyillustrations likes this
- iveriadd said: As for me, it’s funny to read all this complains. Most people in Russia started to dance at their 20th. And they are open-dancers. Oh, and compete at Worlds)
- iveriadd likes this
- singkellycool likes this
- isol-e likes this
- herculesbian likes this
- footperfect posted this